I can’t believe I’ve been sleeping on Raptitude, a blog by David Cain, for so long.
I recently was sent this post about 67 pieces of advice and it’s pure gold.
Some of my favorites:
- 11. Learn the difference between something that makes you feel bad, and something that’s wrong. A thing can feel bad and be right, and it can feel good and be wrong.
- 15. Consciously plan your life, or others will do it for you.
- 27. When someone disagrees with you, try to understand what needs and fears are behind their stance. Yours probably aren’t much different.
- 37. Give classical music another shot every few years. (I recently did this and enjoy it)
- 40. Picture yourself at your own funeral. Imagine what they are thinking.
- 49. Once in a while, imagine that this moment is the very first moment of your life, and then build a future from there.
- 60. Be extra kind to people while they are at work, especially servers, clerks, and tech support staff.
You should really check out the whole list. It’s that good.
I liked it so much I also bought his ebook on Mindfulness, which is something I’ve been trying to practice more of this year, and even went so far as to purchase a subscription to Headspace, which has been useful as well.
Open your eyes to Raptitude, you’ll be happy you did, and a better person for it!